Billing & Insurance
Annapolis Asthma, Pulmonary & Sleep Specialists
We participate in the following health care plans:
- CareFirst BCBS
- United Healthcare/Mamsi
- Tricare East
- UHC MDIPA
- UHC Optimum Choice
- UHC Individual Exchange-specific referral form
- John Hopkins US Family Health Plan
- Blue Choice HMO
- Aetna HMO
- Any HMO Product
- Cigna Medicare or Cigna Bravo or Cigna Healthsprings
- UHC Community Plan-Maryland Medical Assistance
- UHC Dual Complete (Medicare and Medicaid)
- Aetna Better Health- Maryland Medical Assistance
- Maryland Physician’s Group
- Kaiser Permanente
- Tricare West
- Jai MD Medical Assistance
- PCMH (Patient-Centered Medical Home) CareFirst
- CareFirst Medicare Advantage Enhanced (HMO) (ID starts with MAC)
- Call and speak with Cynthia about any Medicare Advantage from a different State
Please bring your insurance card and referral (if required) with you to each appointment. As a courtesy, our staff will verify your insurance coverage and inform you of your out of pocket expense and benefits. If you have a managed care plan, you are required to bring a referral from your primary care physician. In the event that you do not have a required referral you will be responsible for the full charge at the time service is rendered.
We also ask that you be prepared to pay any co-pay or previous balances due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept; cash, check, or credit card.
Most insurance companies now mandate the use of a separate laboratory processing center (usually Quest or LabCorp). If you have any questions regarding a bill you received for laboratory (blood) studies, please direct them to the lab that processed the test or your insurance company.
Contact our billing staff
We recognize that insurance and billing have become complex. Our office employs Certified Medical Insurance Specialists (CMIS) and additional well-educated staff to assist you with questions.
You can contact our billing department by phone at (410) 266-1644.
Our office is HIPAA compliant in its billing practices and takes the steps necessary to ensure the privacy of your medical information. As a courtesy, we electronically file all medical claims to your insurance on your behalf within 24 hours of the date service.
Please note: For appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, we assess a $50.00 fee for established and new patients.